E-pistemetec was a project funded by the cross-border cooperation between Italy and France; the aim was to enhance the scientific, technical and natural area in the middle and upper Tyrrhenian Sea through the creation of a Digital Library.
The project partners was the provinces of Cagliari and Carbonia-Iglesias, the cities of Lucca, Genova and Bastia and the Cybersar Consortium. The latter – I’ve worked with – was involved in the developing and in the integration the systems necessary for the implementation of the digital library.
In this project, which lasted for me almost two years, I had the opportunity to work and grow up in several areas:
- Setup and management of an infrastructure of virtual servers on Amazon AWS
- Initial Setup of the cloud based on Eucalyptus and hosted on the servers of Cybersar
- Organization of the software layer based on Drupal 6 and Fedora Repository 
- Extension of the Islandora module  to allow the support of MAG, the italian digital objects cataloging standard for the public administration 
- Implementation of a Drupal module for the synchronization between the objects in the digital repository and the Drupal nodes
The project was presented at Drupal Camp held in Verona in 2011.